Top 8 Renovations To Increase Your Home Value

Home Remodeling Alexandria VA is a great way to increase the value of your home, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. What are some renovations that will give you the best return on investment for each project? That’s what we’re going to explore today! 

Below are ten renovation projects that have been rated the most valuable according to Remodeling magazine. The article states that homeowners can expect an average of 74% return on their total remodel costs when they complete these eight projects. For example, increasing the size of a bathroom by only 10% increases the home value by 84%. See if any of these sound exciting or meaningful enough to hold off until you save up some cash!

1. Bathroom Remodeling

A new bathroom can rejuvenate you. This renovation has caused the most significant return on investment of any project that Remodeling magazine studied. Bathroom Remodel Vienna VA is an average of 74% more valuable than after other projects, which is impressive considering the second-highest was adding a master bedroom at 38%. This is perfect for you if you want to make some updates to your home but aren’t ready for something as drastic as moving rooms around or building an addition!

2. Room Addition (like a master bedroom)

Just like bathrooms, master bedrooms are another high-value renovation. For every 10% increase in the size of your master suite, your home’s value increases by nearly 39%. This is an excellent project if you’re looking to improve your home’s value.

3. Bathroom Or Master Suite Renovations

If you live in an older home, it may not have the same amenities as newer homes. Renovating either your bathroom, adding a master bedroom (or both) would be massive upgrades and give your home more character. Getting these two rooms up-to-date will make buyers see the potential of your home and want to pay more for it! Bathrooms are essential because they can help sell a house faster which means less time on the market and less chance you’ll end up with someone who isn’t fully committed to buying your home, as we talked about earlier.

4. Kitchen Renovations

Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and just like it keeps you alive, it can also keep a house alive on the market by increasing its value. One major reason kitchens sell homes so quickly is that everyone loves to cook, and if they don’t already have a luxury kitchen, they want one. Upgrade what you currently have or start fresh with new cabinets, appliances, and countertops, which will instantly increase your home’s value by thousands!

5. Makeover The Exterior Of Your Home

While we’re on the topic of selling fast, sometimes it’s as easy as adding curb appeal, which adds that first impression “WOW” factor buyers will notice as soon as they pull into your driveway. This extra bit of TLC could be the difference between selling your home in days or weeks.

6. Makeover The Interior Of Your Home

The following best way to sell your house is to make it as appealing on the inside as it is on the outside. A fresh coat of paint, neutralizing any wrong colors, and increased lighting are all simple but effective ways you can increase your home’s value. As well as creating a more modern space with new flooring, furniture, and wall d├ęcor. 

7. Modernize Appliances and Fixtures

One common complaint among buyers is when they find out their dream home has old appliances which may not work correctly or require “extensive” repairs down the road. I’ll tell you now that no one wants to worry about spending money on their own home. It’s like buying a brand new car; you want to drive it off the lot without hassle or financial concern. So if your appliances are in desperate need of being replaced, consider doing it before putting your house on the market. Along with that, be sure to replace all broken, dirty, and older fixtures for things such as light switches, taps/faucets, outlets/plug covers, and door hardware. This will give your home a fresh look in no time!

8. Upgrading An Outdated Heating System

Unless there is some sentimental value attached to your old furnace, this should be one of the first things you change after purchasing a new property. Since that furnace may have been installed when the house was built, it’s probably about to upgrade to a more efficient system. This is beneficial for your wallet and the environment!

Many other updates can make your home more attractive or functional for you, but these are some of the more common ones. If you want more ideas on getting started with renovations, visit your local hardware store, where staff members are always happy to provide referrals.

Comments are closed.